Saturday, April 20, 2013

Losing my "blogging virginity"...

     Timid, shy, and nervous. Absolutely, not me. I'm more of a jump in, react, raise hell and suffer the consequences later, possibly how I ended up with four sons & 2 monster dogs, but anyways. For some reason, even with a lot of encouragement, I have been leery to blog.  After an absolute shit day at the rheumatologist and a lengthy rant on Facebook I decided, enough. I need to get this off my chest. I need to share the lovely and not-so-lovely aspects of me, my family, my life, and my journey with Lupus.

     I figure there is a bio part to this blog thing somewhere so I will look for that before I go into a lengthy stint about my "stats". If you don't know me, imagine I'm a Charlize Theron doppelganger. That is until you figure out that I'm absolutely nothing like her. Don't be disappointed. I'm certain she is seriously not nearly as funny as me and I can out drink her for sure. Even if she does have the perfect body and millions of dollars. You can learn to love me too.

    Every part of my life revolves around Lupus. Lupus has been one bitch of an illness to adapt to and even bigger one to try to explain to others. I have learned more in the last year about Lupus than I have since being diagnosed, 6 years ago. Excepting you have a chronic illness helps with managing your care, just saying. YOLO, is not really a way of life to live for a mid-west momma who's auto-immune system is a dirty bastard. Let's just say, I never hit rock bottom, per se,  but there were serious points where life was like walking through a field of legos!

     Managing my meds, actually seeing a rheumatologist, educating myself, sharing it with everyone, and attempting to treat myself better is where I am at now with this Lupus thing. And in doing that, I'm going to let all of God and country who stumbles upon this blog get to see the high's and low's of it! I'm excited to have gotten the "first time" out of the way. I'm not nearly as sweaty and naughty feeling as I thought I would (hahahaha).

Take Care Of You

*Disclaimer* I really do intend on keeping this as real and raw as my life and me. There will probably be posts that may not be for the faint of heart or eyes. My husband may even disown me at certain points. I will consider "changing names" to help save identities but don't count on it. You suckers asked for this so now you must deal with it as I take over the world. Bwahahaha!

     

1 comment: