Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 1 of the Whole 30.( No wine or cheese!)

     The unofficial start to Summer is here! And so I have started the Whole 30. This is the land of no wine or cheese. Lots of other rules,too, but these are the ones that scare me the most.  Today is day 1.  I'm pretty excited and not nearly as nervous as I should be.  It is only day one, though. I have 29 days left to regret publicly announcing this and hating the accountability!  The idea of a system reset is truly the most intriguing part of this. I am on so many prescription medications for my auto-immune issues that there is nothing but positive outcomes that can come from this.
     I'm going to try to blog every few days to share what I'm eating and how I'm feeling.  Hopefully, I won't end up rocking in the fetal position begging for wine & cheese.  If you see me doing this, send me home. Don't feed the crabby irrational cow in front of you wine and/or cheese.  I'm sure I will thank you for it, at some point.   This is how today shaped up....

Breakfast-2 eggs,(approved) sausage scrambled together.  Tomatoes. Fruit.

Lunch-tuna salad with homemade mayo in a romaine lettuce boat. Fruit salad.



Dinner-roasted spaghetti squash with kale and sausage. Also made homemade ghee!

     I'm totally full and have my meal plan for tomorrow.  Tentatively, Kale, Squash & sausage leftovers with a sunny side up egg & fruit for breakfast.  Sauerkraut , potatoes and sausage in the crock pot for lunch. Mexican for dinner, will be flank steak with chimchurri sauce and fajita style veggies!

     I am sticking to just lemon water for now.  I will probably have some tea before bed and make some unsweetened iced tea tomorrow.  I can not even think about drinking black coffee, so I'll just let it go for now! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment