Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Take care of you and you...and you too...

     So, there was this one time, a "friend" told me how being 39 was going to be her year. Running, eating clean, feeling great and living , not just existing.  She started out really strong.  Things seemed to be right on track with her ideas of the best year ever.  Slowly but not on purpose, she forgot to make herself a priority. When I, I mean "she" didn't take the time to take care of herself a snowball effect just rolled right over.  She sat down and asked herself, what it was going to take to straighten this out.  I've listened to her time & time again. I have high hopes that she will remember that she is worth it and that not only does she deserve it.  But so does her family.


      It is so easy to preach from the cheap seats.  It is impossible to explain to people how hard it is to admit to yourself that YOU put YOU in this spot. YOU  gave up on the things that make YOU better.  This is incredibly humbling and somewhat embarrassing that I confess the "sins" I've committed against myself and the ones who love me .  Having said all that, it is the exact kick in the ass I needed to pull myself together.  Much of that credit goes to my lobster, best friend, pain in the ass , caller of my bs and husband, Kevin.  If he didn't pester and nag the me, I probably wouldn't be able to share this new venture I'm tip toeing into.


     Most of you know that I have Lupus, Fibromyalgia, thyroid issues, Celiac's disease and depression.  I have experienced both ends of the spectrum with all my issues. Extreme highs & lows were only put into perspective for me when I did my first Whole 30.  It was a life changing process to see how food was exacerbating all of my problems.  Since then, I have tossed around the idea of making and selling gluten free, healthy ,home cooked meal choices that taste good and make people feel better.  Lots of ups & downs, starts & stops, rough drafts & game plans have gone into me doing this! But I did it,  I came up with a first menu. It makes me nauseated and nervous but I'm running with it.


     The pressure, the pressure of a name.....That's where I'm at. Quoting lines from Pretty Woman in hopes of figuring out what to call this so I can make a Facebook page.  Help! I promise if your suggestion or help, gets me to naming this little adventure, I'll give you some free food love! Pinky Swear!


       The over all game plan is this, I'll put out a menu on Thursday. Orders will be taken until Saturday at noon. Then pick up of your orders will be available Sunday evening & Monday.  My first menu will be posted with this blog and I will make a Facebook page.  The first orders will not go out until New Years Day! I look forward to sharing the ups and downs of this and the rest of my crazy life in the New Year! 




Going back to school for health coach & dietetics are in my future! Should be entertaining at least.  Nothing screams fun like an almost 40 year old going back to college! Please give me as much feedback as possible! Thank You!




Take Care of You.....


Menu  10/29-1/5


We have been specializing in cooking for our big family for over a decade.  Deciding to offer friends, family and anyone interested in trying our healthy approach on home cooking has something we have been mulling over since I did my first Whole 30, over a year ago.  You can expect everything to be organic, fresh and gluten free.  A new menu will go out on Thursday. All orders must be in by Saturday at noon.  Meals/products can be picked up twice a week on Sundays from 4-9pm & Monday from 7-9am, 4-9pm. Payments can be made via PayPal or cash at pick up! Specify your form of payment & I will send an invoice!

Salads:                                                                    Price:

·        Anti-Pasta                                                                                                      $7
Ham, salami, provolone, chickpeas on a bed of veggies
and greens with a Dijon and red wine vinaigrette
·        Chicken Salad                                                                                                $7
Chunk chicken with celery, onions, hardboiled eggs, mayo
With romaine lettuce cups

Small bytes and snacks:

·        Lemony Humus                                                                                             $7
Chick peas, lemon juice, tahini, olive juice with crudité
·        Protein Bars                                                                                                  $12/$18
Oats, flaxseed, natural almond & peanut butter, coconut oil,
shredded coconut, bananas, dates, chocolate
·        Egg Muffins                                                                                     $6.50/6 10$/12
Eggs, veggies & chicken breakfast sausage

Soups:

·        Vegetable soup                                                               7$/qt. 15$/whole pot
All the veggies in a tomato broth
·        Stuffed Green Pepper                                                    7$/qt. 15$/whole pot
Exactly as it sounds!!!      

Entrees:

·        Roasted chicken w/root veggies                                           8$/per 28$/family
·        Stuffed Cabbage                                                                                        8$/per 28$/family













1 comment: