Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Lupus Funk.....

     Dusting off the cobwebs and scaring the dust bunnies off this computer, because it's been quite sometime since I've had anything to say!  Most people would say that's a big fat lie! I'm always running off the mouth about one thing or another. Just lately I feel like I lost my "umph" to make light of or poke fun at Lupus or myself.  Or even other asshats around me.  It's so not me.  I think I have a Lupus funk!  And aside from the other shittastic things that Lupus does to me now it has given me this.

     I would clinically describe the Lupus funk as the inability to find  one single thing to give a fuck about!  I don't give one fuck that the Royal baby is over due.  I give even less fucks that the montage of reject female pop stars are shaving heads and piercing their lady bits! And least of all I have run out of every fuck I have to give, when I listen to "friends" complain about their first world problems as if the world will end if you were fifteen minutes late to work because there was a back up at the drive through to get your non-fat soy mocha-sucka-latte!  That is the Lupus Funk.

     I think I caught the Funk this weekend.  I very much enjoyed myself. We went to a food truck rally and tried amazing little bites of all kinds of amazing foods and sweets on Friday night. Then Saturday morning  I got to watch the Little play ball and drink my morning coffee.  Followed up by an impromptu garage sale/BBQ/pool party with the whole fam damily and my besties Lu & Opie! We had such a blast! I was a good girl. I stayed in the shade as much as possible, at well, and didn't over serve myself beer.  But sure as shit, the Funk got me.

   It's over a 100 degrees here with the heat index and equally as humid.  My hands are swollen like sausages ready to burst. My joints are screaming for me to just lay still cause the weight of my plump ass makes them miserable.  I have ulcers in my nose and mouth.  All I want to do is lay in bed and feel sorry for my Funky self  with my monster dogs who also hate the heat ( thank goodness for a king size bed)!  I feel funky and I don't give a fuck who knows it! But that really is a big fat lie.

     While I lay here watching Southern Fried Homicide, the hubs and the spawn are off to the besties to swim, BBQ, and drink icy cold beverages.  I want to do it.  I need to do it.  I need to get off my ass and go enjoy all of it!  But I'm afraid to make the Funk mad! Will it get worse? Will I be even more funky tomorrow? I can't decide but the itty bitty part of my sappy side can't stand to miss out on the boys in the pool and hanging out with my friends! Hmmmmm, what to do?  I think I will take a shower and think on it. Check back in tomorrow and I'll let ya know who won.  Me or the Funk!

Take Care of You.....

No comments:

Post a Comment